Retirement Health Insurance Thailand
If you plan on retiring in the sunshine to Thailand, making sure you have quality health insurance to protect against high cost claims, and to meet immigration requirements is a must!
Leading retirement health insurance solutions
Your retirement years should be as carefree as possible. We work with hundred’s of Thailand based retirees to help them choose the best health insurance.
The Importance of Having Health Insurance When You Retire in Thailand
Thailand is an increasingly popular retirement destination for people from all over the World. Whether you are from the UK , Australia, or the USA, Thailand offers something for everyone. That can include warm weather year round, friendly people, and a low cost of living when compared to one’s home countries. However, it’s vital to remember that the cost of healthcare in Thailand can escalate, especially for serious health issues. For this reason alone, having adequate health insurance in place is an absolute must for retirees who live in Thailand.
Whilst the choice of health insurance plans reduces as you age, there are always options available. We recommend people prepare in advance of retirement in order to choose the best value health insurance for their needs. As with people of any age, there are some key factors to consider when choosing health insurance. These factors are especially important to retirees for reasons we will expand on:
- Level of coverage. Statistically speaking, retirees are more likely to face serious health issues which in turn lead to higher medical bills. Having adequate coverage is essential as health insurers will only provide cover up to the amount stipulated on the policy. A policy with low coverage levels will still leave you with potentially huge bills to pay.
- Costs. Health Insurance premiums increase with age, this is unavoidable. However, there are differences in value in the market, which we can help to identify.
- Networks. Being able to use your preferred hospital is a convenience which we expect when paying for private health insurance. As we age, travelling long distances is often not an option. We can work with you to identify providers who provide direct billing at your chosen hospital.
- Your health. Health insurance companies have differing appetites for risk. Some may flat out exclude to cover people with certain pre-existing conditions, where others may offer coverage with an array of specific conditions. We work closely with our clients to understand their health history. By doing so, we can recommend solutions which will leave them with the best available cover options in the market.
What are the benefits of having health insurance when you retire in Thailand?
- Peace of mind. Worrying about unexpected medical costs can be stressful. Having a good health insurance plan in place will ensure you can relax and enjoy your retirement without the worry of having potentially huge medical bills should your health deteriorate.
- Access to the best hospitals. A good medical insurance policy will not limit the hospitals you can use. Therefore, you can be confident that should you get ill, you can use the best hospitals.
- Financial protection. Leaving a financial legacy is an important wish for most people. Having this eaten up by large medical bills can easily be avoided by having adequate health insurance in place.
As you can see from the above points, adequate health insurance for retirees should be a key consideration when moving to Thailand.
How can Seek2Insure help you in making the correct choices?
- Compare plans. There are numerous options in the market. Understanding how they fit your requirements can be difficult. Our consultants are experts at matching our clients needs to what is available in the market.
- In depth understanding. We study the policy terms and conditions so you don’t have to. This is where the real detail about coverage is contained, and understanding it is crucial.
If you have any specific questions, please do not hesitate in contacting one of our consultants for more information.
what we offer
Independent Impartial Advice
Your needs and requirements should be at the forefront of any decision regarding health insurance plans. We are truly independent, and only work with providers who deliver.
Sign up to our newsletter
Keep up to date with the latest developments surrounding health insurance!